China week in pictures | March 6-12, 2021
1. Picture ‘Kiss’ shown in Moscow on March 11. The picture by Xinhua photographer Tao Liang was awarded in the news photo competition “Overcoming COVID 19” organized by TASS News Agency this week. A medic kissing goodbye before leaving for Wuhan to fight COVID19 early last year.
2. Oriental white storks perch on artificial nests in a nature reserve in Shandong province on March 8. The largest breeding ground for these storks with nearly 2,000 births last year.
3. Farmers working at a tea garden at Manjuelong Village, West Lake scenic spot in Hangzhou, Zhejiang Province. The "Longjing 43", a type of West Lake Longjing Tea, greeted the beginning of the harvest season yesterday March 12.
4. Deputies to the 13th National People's Congress (NPC) leave the Great Hall of the People after the closing meeting of the fourth session of the 13th NPC in Beijing, March 11.
5. Tourists enjoy cherry blossoms by the East Lake in Wuhan, Hubei Province, March 11.
6. People planting trees in Nanping City, southeast China's Fujian Province yesterday. March 12 marks China's National Tree Planting Day.
Pictures courtesy : Xinhua, CGTN