Explained : these 5 COVID-19 vaccine developments are taking place in China
These 5 𝗖𝗢𝗩𝗜𝗗-𝟭𝟵 𝘃𝗮𝗰𝗰𝗶𝗻𝗲 development programs are taking place in China.
There are basically two approaches to develop the vaccine for COVID-19; 𝗮𝘁𝘁𝗲𝗻𝘂𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 which means developing a weakened version of the virus to deliver enough Covid-19 to provoke the body for developing immunity without serious infection, and 𝗱𝗲𝗮𝗰𝘁𝗶𝘃𝗮𝘁𝗶𝗼𝗻 where the effective, harmful portions of the virus are removed but the remaining substances are enough for the body to develop immunity. The virus is no longer alive in this case, different from the attenuated vaccine. Other techniques are also used in developing vaccines.
The below 5 Chinese vaccine developers are in process in one of the following phases; phase 1 (safe and no undesired response), phase 2 (testing dosage and effectiveness) and phase 3 (testing in large number of subjects);
1) CanSino Biological Inc. and Beijing Institute of Biotechnology (attenuated), phase 2-3
2) Wuhan Institute of Biological Products and Sinopharm (inactivated), phase 3
3) Beijing Institute of Biological Products and Sinopharm (inactivated), phase 1-2
4) Sinovac (inactivated), phase 3
5) Institute of Medical Biology and Chinese Academy of Medical Science (inactivated), phase 1-2
Read more details in article by Radii :https://radiichina.com/coronavirus-covid-19-vaccine-china/
Picture by Ani Luna, Unsplash